Apr 14, 2009

Freecycle: The Ultimate Deal!


One of the best deals on something that you need is to get it off of Freecycle! I just recently joined my local group, but have been a part of other groups in the past.

This weekend I decided that it was time to get our toddler into a toddler bed and I was really wanting to get a tri-pod for my new camera. I ALMOST just headed out to the thrift stores to see if I could find a good "deal" on them and working my way up to retail prices if I couldn't find what I needed. I stopped myself and decided to have a little patience and see if I could get one off of Freecycle!

I posted on Friday night. Didn't hear anything all weekend. Even told my husband that if we didn't hear from anyone by next weekend that I'd go ahead and just buy them. Well, today I decided to check my email right before I headed off to work and 2 people had contacted me about the 2 items that I was looking for! The tri-pod is in very good to brand new condition and I'm picking up the toddler bed tomorrow! By having a little patience and thinking before purchasing, I easily saved us at least $80.00!

To join your local Freecycle group, go HERE and do a search for your local group to sign up!
Freecycle: The Ultimate Deal!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment